You pull your hat down low as you squint down the dark tunnel. A peal of laughter echoes down a neighboring passage — one of the Baron’s goons, no doubt, laying more of his traps for you. From a crack in the wall you hear the unmistakable sound of slithering. Best to not go that way either, then. This whole cave has the stench of death about it. If you had any sense, you’d be high-tailing it for the exit already. Instead, you lace up your boots, tighten your grip on your trusty whip, and step forward into the darkness. You’re an adventurer, and there’s treasure down there somewhere.
Skulldug! is a beer-and-pretzels exploration game where 1-6 players race to collect 3 treasures and escape from an ancient and treacherous cave system.
You build out a new map every time you play, discovering new passages, equipment, and monsters. Passages are generated on the fly from three decks of cards, so you never know what might be around the next corner. It will take all of your wits to escape past your opponents’ traps once you’re laden with cursed treasures, but make it out alive and all the glory will be yours.
- Discover a new cave with each playthrough — no two games are ever the same
- Alter the passages on the board to trap and confound your foes
- Collect powerful equipment and cursed treasures that change your explorer’s abilities
- Encounter deadly traps and hungry monsters, then unleash them on your opponents
- No player elimination means everyone is always in the running
- Includes variant rules for solo and team play
- Gorgeous pulp cartoon art from Ghia Mercado and Alix Branwyn
- 85 Fortune and Hazard mini cards
- 6 Dazed mini cards
- 60 square passage tiles
- 30 acrylic health gems
- 15 explorer standees
- 1 six-sided die
Ways to buy